In accordance with SoCLA’s refreshed strategy, the Board has resolved to engage a General Manager.
The General Manager:
- will lead management and operations of the Society.
- will report to the Board.
- is expected to be appointed for an initial 2-year term.
The Board will consider full-time or part-time flexible employment, based on candidate strengths and salary expectations.
To identify appropriate candidates, we are now seeking Expressions of Interest, with the aim of having the General Manager appointed to the role in Q2 of 2024.
The Board asks that members consider this opportunity and share it with their professional network.
Please find a role description below.
Position: General Manager
Location: No set location
Organisation: The Society of Construction Law Australia
Established in 2009, The Society of Construction Law Australia (SoCLA) is a member-driven industry organisation that is passionate about ensuring Australia has the best built environment on earth. It encourages active involvement in all areas of construction law (policy, legislation, specific subject matter, dispute avoidance, and dispute resolution). It believes that effective construction law is a critical enabler of the construction sector.
We seek a passionate and driven General Manager to lead our organisation and contribute to our mission. This role will be key in steering the Society, fostering thought leadership, driving membership growth, building national and international relationships, and managing the Society’s communications. We are open to applicants interested in performing the role on a part-time and flexible basis.
- Lead and manage the overall operations of the Society.
- Lead the implementation of SoCLA’s new strategy.
- Increase our membership, particularly to a broader base of professionals in the field of construction, such as general counsels and commercial managers.
- Foster relationships between kindred organisations in the construction industry.
- Support and drive our major and state events.
- Facilitate thought leadership initiatives and provide a forum for industry professionals to connect.
- Promote education and research in the field of construction law and related subjects.
- Build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with other groups in Australia and overseas with similar or related objectives.
What we are looking for:
- Management experience preferably within the legal, construction, or non-profit sector.
- Be a self-starter and able to work autonomously.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Experience in leading organisations largely reliant on volunteers is desirable.
- Dedicated to the mission and vision of the Society of Construction Law Australia.
- Experience or interest in construction law and policy would be considered highly.
- Ability to travel nationally.
The Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Expressions of interest:
The Society seeks Expressions of Interest which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.